Chamber air is recirculated by a high volume, non-sparking, aluminum axial fan discharging through a removable rear mounted guard and diffuser baffle to create a uniform environment around your test objects. The fan is driven by a close coupled externally mounted motor with dual ball bearing races, connected by a stainless steel shaft.
4,000 watts of fast-response open type heaters behind a radiation baffle raise chamber temperature as required.
A proportionally controlled cascade, two compressor, refrigeration system utilizing modern environmentally friendly refrigerants cools the workspace. The system includes automatic hot gas bypass and suction cooling unloading as well as Bemco’s exclusive, high performance coaxial cascade heat exchanger.
All systems have thermal and current sensors on each compressor as well as numerous safety and reliability protection systems for dependable operation. A proportionally controlled liquid nitrogen system boosts the cooling rate as required.
Safety Systems and Electrical Wiring
All electrical wiring meets the United States National Electric Code. UL and CSA approved components are used where possible.
Power requirement is 230/115 VAC - 1 Phase - 60 Hertz, 33 FLA. Refrigeration is air cooled. 50 Hertz is available as an option.
FB1.5V-UHC Series chambers include a 304 Series stainless steel welded inner liner with high temperature fiberglass insulation. No asbestos is used in chamber construction.
Outer cases are fabricated from cold rolled steel finished in Bemco Blue. Chamber doors feature dual gaskets to greatly reduce thermal losses near the door face. An over-center, black anodized aluminum cam type latch seals the door which closes flush on the front face of the chamber for a smooth appearance.
The Bemco FB1.5V-UHC chamber is furnished with a microprocessor based programmable, 1/4-DIN, solid state 256-step ramping controller which includes a 4-line LCD interface display and a large red LED display.
Temperature inside the chamber is sensed by a precision thermocouple. An RS232 and RS485 interface is standard. Heaters are interlocked with a separate heavy duty power contactor and a factory preset high temperature safety control.
The FB1.5-UHC cools and heats at a rate in excess of 75 C per minute. It is capable of heating from -55 C to + 155 C in less than 5 minutes and cooling from +155 C to -55 C in less than 5 minutes, both with the chamber empty.
+ or - 1 C (+ or - 1.8 F) guaranteed control, + or - 0.15 C (+ or - 0.25 F) typical.
- Window and interior light. Window size is 8.5 ” x 8.5 ” clear viewing area.
- Access Ports. Sizes are 2”, 3”, 4” and 6.” One 3” access port in the left wall is provided with each chamber.
- Casters, four swivel type are standard.
- Shelf pilasters and wire-type stainless steel shelves.
- LN2 boost cooling with vent for extra or back-up cooling is standard.
- GN2 gas purge with pressure regulator, gauge, flow measuring and regulating valved rotameter, and vent.
- Desiccant drier purge with dual tower 10 cfm desiccant drier, pressure regulator, gauge, flow measuring and regulating valved rotameter and vent.
- Four refrigeration gauges (two per compressor) mounted in the refrigeration package available with or without isolation valves.
Controls are mounted on a recessed aluminum panel to prevent dripping from damaging the instruments. Available instrument accessories:
- Microprocessor-based, FM Approved high over-temperature safety control.
- Set of two, one high and one low microprocessor-based, FM Approved temperature safety controls.
- Remote control over an Ethernet Link.
- 12-inch, two pen, chart printing, circular recorder.
- Strip chart recorder.
Available Literature Includes:
The systems described above are our Standard Models. We make custom equipment to your specifications. If you have any questions, need assistance in preparing a specification, or have a technical problem you want help with, we are ready. Our quotations and advice are free.